Solved

How to navigate to a printed form from a report created in Report Designer

• 30 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is there a way to navigate from a field on a printed report to another printed form? 

For example, we have the AR Aged Period Sensitive report and would like to be able to click on the reference number of a document which then would open up the printed invoice. Currently, the invoice screen is displayed when clicking on the reference number, and then one still needs to print the form from this screen. Is it possible to navigate directly to the printed AR641000 form, skipping the invoice screen?

Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by craig2 1 December 2023, 20:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @suemackeown13 ,

One method you can use to accomplish this is to use a CONCAT function in the NavigateURL Behavior of the field.  Click on the desired fielld, then try something like this:

CONCAT('YOUR URL HERE/Main?ScreenId=AR641000&DocType=',[ARInvoice.DocType],'&RefNbr=',[ARInvoice.RefNbr])

One downside to this method is it navigates within the same window, not a popup, so if you needed to go back you have to rerun the report.  If anyone has a tip on how to invoke the popup function, I would be grateful as well!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you for your suggestion. That is an option, although navigating to the same window is not ideal. To find out how to invoke the popup function would be first prize!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @suemackeown13 ,

I got it figured out, this method works better in this instance.  Rather than using a dynamic URL (which still may be a decent solution to do other things in the system), use the NavigateParams/Report area, with a Server NavigateMethod:

For the Parameters.  I created this from another report that was connected to the ARInvoice table, so you may need to make adjustments depending on how your original Report is structured:

Hope that helps, cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Brilliant! Thank you Craig, that worked perfectly.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sorry Craig, I responded too quickly.

It worked with Invoice doc type but it shows a blank report with debit and credit doc types.

Have you had success with the document types which are not invoices?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved