Solved

How to Extract Multiple Tax Details to Custom Report

• 27 December 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

In the Invoices Form, Tax Details tab there can be instances where 2 taxes are applied as below.

We need to get both these tax values to the report. I have used this join for that purpose.

But this join takes only one tax ID to the report and the detail lines end up getting duplicated. How can I avoid this issue?

icon

Best answer by TharidhiP 16 February 2023, 09:19

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@TharidhiP Actually the number of lines will be multiplied by the number of taxes lines. It could be correct if one line tax otherwise double or triple. What you will need to do is to add a sub report to the report for your tax instead of joining the invoice to the taxes in the main query.

Please see the below link to Acumatica Report Designet for your reference.

https://openuni.acumatica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/S150_Report_Designer_2021R1-1.pdf

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@aaghaei thank you for your suggestion. How can we put a join in the sub report to get one specific tax ID line value? For example, one sub report is only for VAT 15 tax line and another sub report for SSCL tax.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@TharidhiP from page 44 of the document I provided the link you can understand how to add sub reports.

you don’t need multiple sub report for tax because when you pass the keys (DocType and RefNbr) to the sub report as parameters, sub report will return and print the applicable taxes. 
but if you want multiple sub report (that I don’t believe you need) you can add as many as subreport you want and set visibility conditions on them

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@TharidhiP 

To print a specific tax value you can simply specify the tax value in the join as below. You can do this multiple times with different Child Aliases. Sub-reports don’t always like to play nice with the page counter, so we avoid them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@DConcannon if you filter out some taxes, the amount due won’t agree to what is printed or math won’t add up.

when new tax may be added, you will need to revise all your reports as well.

I have worked with sub reports for many years since Crystal Reports introduced, and unless some rare cases for page breaks, everything works just fine.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

if you filter out some taxes, the amount due won’t agree to what is printed or math won’t add up.

LOL, it depends on your math.

Again, it depends on your logic.  Saying “need” is incorrect.

Our implementation works and will remain correct, no matter what taxes are added.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

if you filter out some taxes, the amount due won’t agree to what is printed or math won’t add up.

LOL, it depends on your math.

Again, it depends on your logic.  Saying “need” is incorrect.

Our implementation works and will remain correct, no matter what taxes are added.

😅 my math is not so great really.
Not sure where you guys are but for me in Canada that we have many different types of sales taxes ie HST, QST, PST, GST, MVPT, … and rate of each one by Province is different, we have many taxes. The way you suggest I have to left join my document to each single tax type and name them accordingly (that also causes performance issues) and then add each single tax to the bottom of my report but with Sub Report just I will pass to parameters and get the taxes and if new type of tax is added it will work without any maintenance need.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thank you for your suggestions @DConcannon and @aaghaei. Do you have a test report I can refer to check from my end?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi, this issue was fixed by using a sub report with the same joins specified. Then I filtered the specific tax IDs and computed the calculations using conditional statements. To ensure two or more different taxes are represented I also used different header sections with visibility conditions. Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @TharidhiP !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved