Solved

How to determine which Out-of-the-box Generic Inquiries have been Modified

• 19 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

There are several Generic Inquiries provided out-of-the-box when a new tenant is set up.  If these Generic Inquiries get modified by a user, they can stop working correctly after an upgrade.

Does anyone know if there is a way to determine which if any out-of-the-box Generic Inquiries have been modified without having direct SQL access?  Hoping to avoid having to build something like a customization or SQL View.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 20 September 2023, 02:55

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Help, npace29 provided a GI for the same period in a previous post: 

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @stephenbologna39 

You can enable Audit History and see who edited the GI. On the top right corner go to Tools > Audit History

It will then show you the user modifications

Here is also a help article to get you started:

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(8))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=28476e3a-7a5a-43a9-b76a-7a93b5ba758a

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks Kandy

The Row Level Auditing shows some of what I’m looking for, but I’m hoping to find a way to see if a given Generic Inquiry was provided out-of-the-box (as opposed to user created), and if so, if it has been modified by a user.  Ideally it would be great if it could be turned into a report or GI as well.

I know this can be done with direct SQL access, but I’m wondering if there some other way to tell without having to go to the database.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved