Solved

How to add multi select functionality on report designer

• 4 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have a custom report that will display list of stock items with their age and the customer that is associated to those items. However, one stock item can have multiple customers linked and this is causing the items to not appear on the list.

Is it possible to add multi select functionality on the report designer? I am also attaching the report file below. thank you for the help in advance!

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 10 January 2024, 23:51

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kanupindi ,

It looks like you attached the rps file rather than the rpx file. 

I’m not aware of a way to create a multi-select parameter on a report.  You would need to create multiple parameters and build an OR statement in your schema criteria.

How are you associating the customer with the stock items?  If the stock item already has multiple customers associated, then it sounds like you might be able to modify your report schema to select the item if any one of those customers is specified.  In that case the user wouldn’t need to specify multiple customers in the parameters.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lauraj46 ,

I have attached the rpx file below. Please advise if you are able to see it. We have a multi select combo attribute on the stock item screen. Some items are associated to multiple customers. And this report is tied to an automation schedule that will send out emails to the customer with all stock items associated to them.

Below is a sample data set for two items, now since these items have multiple attributes selected, they do not show up on the report even when one of the customers is selected. 

Inventory ID Customer Attribute
AB1210 Inventory for multiple customers, XYZ
CB3456 XYZ, ABC, Inventory for multiple customers

I am not sure what the best way to fix this problem

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kanupindi ,

Multiselect attributes are stored as comma delimited values on a single field.  You could use a ‘like’ condition to look for the specified customer in the field, as shown below. 

The only issue you might run into with this is if one customer identifier is contained within another, for example if you search for customer 10 you would also get customer 100.  In that case you might need to adjust the criteria in the schema to look for either an exact match or include the comma separator.

Unrelated, I also noticed that you seem to be missing a field on the join between INLotSerialStatus and INLotSerialCostStatus.  I think you would want to include the LotSerialNbr as a part of this join.

For your reference, I’ve attached a simplified version of your report that just searches for the items based on the specified customer number.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lauraj46, thank you very much once again for reviewing and providing valuable feedback. I will test using your report and get back to you. thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lauraj46, your recommendation seemed to have worked! I also had another question. I have a business event that uses the above report as an attachment. I currently have below parameters on the email notification, however it keeps sending blank pdf attachments to an email. Could you please advise if I am missing something?

I tried different ways to input those numbers (=’89’, =89) and they didn’t work either

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kanupindi ,

Perhaps the Customer ID parameter is causing the issue.  I would think that you would want to pass in a customer id (one of the values from the INV4CUST attribute).  

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lauraj46, I think you are right. I removed the customer parameter on the email notification and the report did not come up blank but filtered the below parameters correctly.

I am guessing since items have multiple customers associated - it is getting confused. Do you know we can reference report templates to an email notification? or an alternate way to make this work? - it is not ideal to have multiple copies of the same report with different customer values

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lauraj46, quickly checking in if you have any alternate ideas to make this work? thank you again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kanupindi ,

I’m not sure about referencing a report template, but you can certainly pass parameters to report in the email template definition.  You should be able to include the parameters as columns in the generic inquiry, and map them in the REport Parameters.

Hope this helps!

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved