Solved

GI on Mobile app does not show the "+" sign to add new entry

• 15 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I created a new GI from a copy of our “Tasks” GI for us to use internally to capture quality incidents. The intention is that employees in the field would have access to the GI to report quality incidents while on the job using the mobile app. As you can see below, the GI has the “+” sign which is used to quickly create a new entry. This works great on the desktop view.

However when I view the GI the mobile app, I don’t see the “+” sign like I do with other GIs that are built in exactly the same way e.g. the tasks GI that I copied, Events GI etc. See screenshots from my mobile app below. 

Any ideas on how to get the “+” sign to show on mobile would be appreciated

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 15 March 2024, 16:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You will need to add the GI to the mobile screen which you can do by following this article because you will need to add the Add Action to the mobile screen. You can turn of the Display on mobile app on the GI

https://www.acumatica.com/blog/acumatica-mobile-framework-simple-customization-to-display-codes-in-the-mobile-app/

If this is already in the mobile app then edit the screen and add the bit below in bold.

Where you are adding the GI screen you will need to add the action highlighted in bold. My example is using the Customer GI.

add screen AR3030PL {
  add container "Result" {
    fieldsToShow = 6
    listActionsToExpand = 1
    containerActionsToExpand = 1
    add field "DisplayName"
    add field "CustomerID"
    add field "CustomerName"
    add field "CustomerClass"
    add field "Country"
    add field "City"
    add containerAction "editDetail" {
      behavior = Open
      redirect = True
    }
    add containerAction "insert" {
      icon = "system://Plus"
      behavior = Create
      redirect = True
    }

}
    }

Hi Dermot,

I worked on it over the weekend and following your suggestions and was able to get it to work!

Thanks for your help!

Francis

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved