Solved

Generic Inquiry Results Grid Issue

• 20 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
  • Freshman I
  • 39 replies

I have a Generic Inquiry that will display the Box Size and Qty used by month for the current year. 

In the Results grid I have am using SOShipment.ShipDate_Month as the Month field. The GI works fine and I have a Pivot Table that works very nicely. 

I’ve been asked if I could possibly add the month name (January, February etc) in stead of the month number (1,2,3...)

So I modified the SOShipment.ShipDate_Month in the Result Grid as follows;

=iif([SOShipment.ShipDate_Month]=1,'January',iif([SOShipment.ShipDate_Month]=2,'February',iif([SOShipment.ShipDate_Month]=3,'March',iif([SOShipment.ShipDate_Month]=4,'April',iif([SOShipment.ShipDate_Month]=5,'May',
iif([SOShipment.ShipDate_Month]=6,'June',iif([SOShipment.ShipDate_Month]=7,'July',iif([SOShipment.ShipDate_Month]=8,'August',
iif([SOShipment.ShipDate_Month]=9,'September',iif([SOShipment.ShipDate_Month]=10,'October',iif([SOShipment.ShipDate_Month]=11,'November',iif([SOShipment.ShipDate_Month]=12,'December',''))))))))))))

When I run the GI I get an error that reads “Case expressions may only be nested to level 10.”

If I remove iif([SOShipment.ShipDate_Month]=11,'November',iif([SOShipment.ShipDate_Month]=12,'December', from the field and run the GI it displays the name as it should.

My question is, is there a work around or better may to Display all the Month Names?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by miguel80 20 February 2023, 19:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi!

There’s a function called MonthName() on the generic iquiry. You can use that one. 

That may affect your Pivot Tables order, because it will not know how to arrange the month names, to solve this you can concatenate a number with the months name “1 January, 2 February,...”

Userlevel 4
Badge

miguel80

Thank you for the quick reply, that looks like it will do the trick.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved