Solved

Formatting isn't showing comma's where expected

• 28 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello all,

I am trying to add an asterisk symbol next to a currency value in report designer, but I’m having some difficulty.

I believe that I can’t use the format box in the Appearance section because the asterisk isn’t a numeric value, so I’m attempting to format the numeric value using a format formula, and then concatenate it with the asterisk symbol.

I used the formatting suggesting at the bottom of this thread: 

However, the result that I see in my report does not show any commas within the numeric value. It did add the decimal places at the end.

=Format([@PARAMETER],'###,###.')  results in a display of 123456.00 instead of 123,456.00

Can anyone recommend a solution?

icon

Best answer by Robert Sternberg 29 December 2023, 03:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The standard in out-of-the-box reports for displaying an asterisk (*) next to a numerical value in report designer is to make a separate textbox with the character and set the visibility condition to display the asterisk when needed. This has the added benefit of allowing stylization on the asterisk character. 

Would this work for your use case? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Robert, Thank you for your input.

I started out on that path, however, I am trying to consolidate all the conditions into variables, which are then utilized in many calculations throughout the report. This way, if the calculation for something is edited we only have to edit it in one variable and not in every instance in which the data is used throughout the report.

If I build in a text box after every field in the report, then we will also have to edit the conditions in multiple fields when one piece of the calculation is changed. The chances of not locating every instance that needs editing would lead to a higher chance of future errors.

For example, one variable will pull actual costs from the account groups of a project, unless they are zero, in which case it will put from the revenue budget.

This cost or budgeted cost is then utilized in calculating FOB and so on through the report. I am trying to make it show an asterisk at the end of any calculation that utilizes the budgeted data rather than the actual data.

Regards,

Helen

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello, if you share your .RPX we can help troubleshoot.  As an alternative you can set the visible expression on the asterisk field to evaluate the existing or a new attribute. 

Here are some examples:

Visible Expression: =@IsVisible
Visible Expression =@ExistingVariable>0

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved