Solved

EMContact.Email - not populating in Sales Order Form SO641010

• 8 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

There is field for Contact Email in SO641010. The expression for it is:

=IIF([EmContact.EMail] = null, [EmContact.DisplayName], [EmContact.DisplayName] + ',' + [EmContact.EMail])

When I choose a Contact for my Sales Order, I can’t get this field to populate (the rest of the contact fields populate correctly). I tried giving the contact an email address, I tried setting the Account Email on the Customer, etc. But I can’t get it to populate. Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by wfilipiak67 8 February 2022, 16:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@rosenjon,
The EMContact on the Sales Order form is from the Owner. 
Make sure you have an owner entered on the Sales Order itself. It is on the Financial Tab

Userlevel 3
Badge

@wfilipiak67 I agree this is the owner contact info. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks @wfilipiak67 that’s what I was looking for.

@etrojan73 Thanks for this info. I ended up changing the report itself to use =IIF([SOOrder.ContactID]<>null, [CustomerContact.EMail], ''), rather than EMContact.Email. I think this is more what our salespeople will expect...if they choose a specific contact, that the Sales Order will be emailed to the Contact rather than the Owner, which may or may not be populated.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@rosenjon yea, we get this request often. It’s just easier to change the default email from the report designer end. Good stuff. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved