Question

Default a Generic Inquiry Parameter that is pulling the financial Periods to the Prior period?

• 17 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello team,

I would like to know if it's possible to set a default value for a Generic Inquiry Parameter. Specifically, I want the parameter to pull financial periods from the prior period.

For instance, if I am logged in with a System Login Date of 1/9/2024, the Period parameter currently defaults to 01-2024 when I open the inquiry. However, I would like it to default to 12-2023 (December 2023)

Regards,

Sagar

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

We can default date parameters with functions like @PeriodEnd:

Dates can default to wildcard choice.

When I choose Financial Period, I do not see the same wildcard choices - only exact 6-digit Periods are available as the default parameter:

Financial Period has no wildcards/functions available.

A customization may be needed, to meet your needs.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It looks like there is a similar idea on the idea board here.  I’ve always wished there was something like this so that you could filter by default for a specific period or do some logic of last 12 periods or Period 01 - Period 12 of current year.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

One work around would be to:
Set the Parameter default to blank.  If you just leave default blank, it auto fills to Current period as you mentioned.  To force it to be blank, uncheck From Schema and put any text in there, such as the word Blank.  

Set the GI filter to use last day of last month if Parameter is Blank 
OR filter using the parameter set by the user.

The formula for last day of last month is:  =Dateadd(CDate(Concat(CStr(Month(Today())),'/1/',CStr(Year(Today())))),'d',-1)

I like to use the FinPeriod Table to use the Financial Period Dates.  To do this join with the GL.FinPeriods.MasterFinPeriod Table.  Be sure to include OrganizationID = ‘0’ or you’ll double your results.  

If you decide to use the FinPeriod Table, you would filter MasterFinPeriod.EndDate = 1st Day of This Month because the EndDate value is actually the Day after the last day of the period.  

That formula would be =CDate(Concat(CStr(Month(Today())),'/1/',CStr(Year(Today()))))

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@bryanb39 Thanks for the response. Could you please share your Generic Inquiry (GI) XML? I have added the same in the condition, but I am not getting the previous default period or date in the parameter. I need to check where I am making a mistake. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Sorry, it won’t show in the Parameter, the parameter will be blank.  So it’s not a perfect solution, it’s just going to filter by default to last period and not try to default the parameter to current period.  

Is the condition working?  Does it only show results for Last Period if the Parameter is blank?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved