Question

Calcuated Field in a Pivot Table within a GI

• 13 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know if there is a way to create a calculated field in a pivot table GI within Acumatica?

Am trying to sum totals sales / costs / margin and margin % by various objects.  My GI has each of these at the row level, but when summing in a pivot table, margin % is obviously not correct.  Pivot function seems to support % of row / column, but not % of a specific column (ideally would just sum margin / price for %margin).

Any suggestions, greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

My only thought is that you’ll have to create a customized view and use that to create a GI and then pull the pivot table from there. I’m in the process of trying to do the exact same exercise. 

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately not yet. Don’t believe it is possible as is with the platform today. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dmaxwell have you been able to find a resolution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Thanks Laura.  Yes, this helps, but not exactly what I’m looking for.   Understand I can make a separate GI with the aggregated data I’m looking for (% margin by category), but the tradeoff being I lose the drill down available from Pivot tables.  Ideally, Acu adds the capability for % of column within Pivot table similar to what is in excel today.

Cheers,
Dave

Badge +18

Hello,

I am not a pivot table expert, so spent some time searching this Community for previous posts that may help you. I hope these posts give you ideas and lead you to a solution.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved