Question

Business Event Does Not Run

• 27 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have a business event tied to a generic inquiry - If an opportunity was moved to stage Prospect and the stage change date was today - we want the business event to run the subscriber; which is an import scenario in this case. The import scenario would then clear the attribute value. 

Business Event

This business event has also been put on an automation schedule to run everyday at 7:30 pm. We changed it to weekly and selected all days as it wasn’t running when Schedule type - Daily was selected

Automation Schedule

Could anyone advise what is causing this schedule/BE to not run. We do not have any custom calculations on the GI. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @kanupindi I’m not sure it’s the main issue but I do see that the schedule is marked to run Weekly, but each day is checked, I would have it selected to Daily.

We have a good article on troubleshooting BE:

I would test adding in the Old Field Value before the New Field Value and I would also try to move any conditions currently set on the GI to the BE if possible

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @BenjaminCrisman,

Thank you for your feedback. I did switch the schedule to Daily per your suggestion. Since the business event is triggered by schedule, the only option available under trigger condition is New Field Value. Is there something else I could try?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @kanupindi were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @kanupindi  Hoping that this issue is resolved. If not, can you please share the Business Event here so that we can verify from our end and let you know if we found anything?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved