Solved

Average customer order count over rolling 12 month period

• 10 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Anyone know how to create a GI that displays the average customer order count over a rolling 12 month period? I’d also need to be able to exclude specific order type (mainly returns).

I’m just not sure how to get an order count using formulas. And I would need to include any open (non-completed) orders in the count as well.

icon

Best answer by brendan91 12 January 2023, 18:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I think you will need to write a SQL script and publish this as a SQL view as you need summaries for different time periods within the same table.

The best you could probably do through a GI is calculate the number of orders within a single 12-month period. Hopefully, in the future, Acumatica will let us combine GIs.

This is a good idea though, and I will copy the idea and add it to my list of things to do. I will share the script if/when I get to it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@brendan91 - bummer, I was hoping to be able to do this all with a GI.

How would you suggest calculating the # of orders within a single 12-month period in a GI?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mikeho 

I created a GI that summarizes the number of orders for each month (GI xml attached). I would export via Odata to excel or Power BI (or just do a regular ol’ sheet export) and then do a moving average on the summaries.

https://www.ablebits.com/office-addins-blog/moving-average-excel/

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved