Solved

Apply Isnull formular to bring project from AR register in GI

• 27 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all,

I want to bring project ID in Customer details GI

If I dont use the formular it shows the project ID in text. 

But if I use Isnull formular it shows the result in INT, the formular I use is “ =IsNull([ARInvoice.ProjectID], [ARPayment.ProjectID] )”

Does any one know the reason why when using isnull formular the result is different. My aim is bringing project ID from Arinvoice & ARpayment table into 1 column.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 27 October 2022, 15:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @haule ,

The ProjectID field is an integer in the database.  When you choose a field from the dropdown in the GI builder, Acumatica behind the scenes writes the lookup query to format the output according to the schema.  In this case that means that it looks up the ContractCD from the PMProject table.

However when you use the field in a formula you are accessing the raw datafield.  

In this case you could join with the PMProject table to get the ContractCD.  You would probably want to add two left joins - once from ARInvoice and once from ARPayment.

Hope this helps!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved