Solved

Time Study, where to put the data?

• 24 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi All,

I am looking for some guidance on timing for specific BOM items and other data to have it all feed into MRP appropriately to generate a production schedule. If anyone has experience with this and wants to give input on where to put different data points in or where to pull a schedule from, I am more than happy to have conversations about the process and best practices with using Acumatica. I am in the beginning of setting up the process and want to make sure this happens correctly the first time (or as close as I can get to correctly). 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 21 February 2023, 14:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

What version are you running?  Are you scheduling within Acumatica… if so are you planning to use Finite or Infinite scheduling?

Userlevel 1
Badge

We are using version 2021 R2. I am wanting to do the scheduling in Acumatica based off of our sales order ship dates, available machine time and Purchase order receiving projected dates. I would say given we are planning when to run items based off Sales orders that it would be finite scheduling. I also have lot sizes put in for the lower level BOM items because we build up a certain amount of stock in weldments or subassemblies and then want to do the final assemblies as we are filling orders. 

Hi Heather, were you able to come get your time studies set up? We are undergoing the same process so was wondering if you found a best practice. Also looking for some ideas on how you schedule within Acumatica?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@hstone and @dpolicicchio - this is not a simple answer. You are correct - it is very important that this data get set up correctly since everything downstream looks at this data. I would advise you  to contact your partner for a services engagement for 1 - 2 days to learn about this and be guided by your partner. You are very wise to want to do this correctly up front. Please let me know if you need further help! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all,

I have not started putting this data in yet as we are still building up all the time study data to be input. I will definitely have to do some more research and learn exactly what needs to be done to get this thoroughly correct as I would love to use the system to build up dates and time frames for estimated completion for sales to tell customers as well as for the production manager to use to guide all stages of production. Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved