Solved

Production number does not show up on Sales Order

Userlevel 2
Badge

When generating production order from sales order, the production order is created, but the production number does not show up on the Sales Orders details section. It's showing <NEW>. This happens on all production orders generated from sales orders. How do I fix this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 13 March 2023, 19:46

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Mle45 - What version is this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Mle45 

What is the Numbering Sequence for Production Order? What are the steps you are taking to link the Production Order? Are you creating from the SO or just linking it? Is the item marked for Production also?

I tested in my local and I got the Production Number to generate:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Mle45 - do you have Commerce enabled?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Debbie Baldwin and @kandybeatty49

Thanks for the prompt responses. This is on 2022 R1 (22.108.0024). I’m not sure about the Commerce enabled setting. I only see this in the Enabled menu

The step is creating the Sales Order then select Mark for Production and select Create Production Order from the ellipsis menu

If I go into the production order to remove link and link it again, the prod number shows up on SO, but we would like to find the root cause. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Debbie Baldwin and @kandybeatty49

Thanks for the prompt responses. This is on 2022 R1 (22.108.0024). I’m not sure about the Commerce enabled setting. I only see this in the Enabled menu

The step is creating the Sales Order then select Mark for Production and select Create Production Order from the ellipsis menu

If I go into the production order to remove link and link it again, the prod number shows up on SO, but we would like to find the root cause. 

Hi @Mle45 

It seems to be the unlink that you are doing that creates that <NEW> in the field. 

This seems to be standard Acumatica behavior. What is the reason for the unlink?

Userlevel 2
Badge

And if I click on Line Detail, it does shows that the production order is linked.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@kandybeatty49 , The production number shows as <NEW>, so I unlink then relink. Then that would fix it. 

I’m trying to understand why it showing <NEW> instead of the production number after the production order is generated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Mle45 

Can you show how you are unlinking a Production Order?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Mle45 

I unlinked mine through your screenshots and it does not add the <New>. Are there any customizations that may be interfering with either of these screens?

However, one thing I found odd almost like you did was that when I unlinked mine, I could not link the SO back on the Production Order.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@kandybeatty49 

I clicked on the production order from the Line Details screen. On the PO > References > Remove link (under SO references)

Then I go back to the SO (the Production Nbr. is now empty after the unlink) , and click Link PROD Order, and select the one that I just unlinked

Then the production number shows up.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@kandybeatty49 - “I unlinked mine through your screenshots and it does not add the <New>”

The <NEW> was added after I clicked Create Production Order from the Sales Orders, even though the Line Details screen indicated that the PROD is created & connected .

I only try the unlink to fix it afterward. 

So there’s an error somewhere that didn’t pull the production order number correctly after it’s generated. I can check with the customization team.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Mle45 - the only supported way to unlink a Sales Order from the Production orders in on the Production order itself. (in the references tab) 

This was intentional so that Sales did not unlink a Sales Order from a Production order that was already planned or in process. 

If you are saying that when originally linking it shows “New” then there is an issue. It is either a customization and on some rare occasions we have had an issue with the Commerce connector. Please find out if you have either and log a case with Support. (With the details as much as you have!) 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved