Question

MRP - Warehouse based Replenishment

• 28 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Implementing MRP for a Manufacturing Customer.

The customer has 2 Branches.

Branch 1 takes the customer order and raises the PO to the 2nd Branch (Inter Branch Trading)

Branch 2 manufactures the product and sell it to Branch 1.

I have configured the MRP settings.

When I run the MRP, it suggests buying the Item from Branch 2 (as expected)

When i run the MRP again, the system suggests the same item to be bought rather than manufactured.

Item Replenishment Setting.

i want MRP to suggest a Production order not a Purchase.

any pointer?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @habibwaqas  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I don’t see anything obvious - I would recommend logging a Case with support so they can do a deep dive into your set up to determine if it is a configuration issue or a software issue.

Please provide a screen shot of the Replenishment tab of the Stock Item and also the Replenishment Tab of the Item Warehouse Detail for the related item/warehouse combinations.

I believe you need to configure each item warehouse to have separate replenishment methods on the Item Warehouse Details form.

if you are available for Webex/remote session, I could step through the process with you.

Thanks, Habib

When a PO is suggested to be bought from Branch 2, did you run Generate Interbranch sales order process to create SO demand in Branch 2? You should have a SO demand in Branch 2 for MRP to recognize it.

Yes, ran and system created Interbrach Sales Order. so demand is there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Please provide a screen shot of the Replenishment tab of the Stock Item and also the Replenishment Tab of the Item Warehouse Detail for the related item/warehouse combinations.

I believe you need to configure each item warehouse to have separate replenishment methods on the Item Warehouse Details form.

Userlevel 5
Badge

When a PO is suggested to be bought from Branch 2, did you run Generate Interbranch sales order process to create SO demand in Branch 2? You should have a SO demand in Branch 2 for MRP to recognize it.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved