Solved

Linking PO to MRP line

• 1 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am working on getting MRP up and running for my company. We have been getting by until we could get our BOMs updated with acumatica and in line with how it would pull inventory. Then, we did an entire inventory count to balance back out all of the mistakes that had been made over the months since our “go-live” date. That being said, we have several POs that have been created due to word of mouth need instead of through MRP. Is there a way to go back and link these POs to lines on MRP to remove the items from the list so we do not create any more POs for unnecessary items? If not, how should this be handled to get these items off of MRP?

TIA

icon

Best answer by PaulMainard55 1 February 2022, 22:29

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

MRP should take into account all open POs as part of its algorithm to determine what you should be purchasing and when.  It’s an exercise of matching supply with demand.  

Have you tried looking at the MRP Exceptions screen.  This screen should provide you with a list of Production and Purchase Orders that are open that you should either expedite, defer or cancel based on your production and sales demand.  I would start there as it should help you find inefficiencies in your puchasing plans.  

Now - one thing you might consider before making wholesale changes to your Purchasing plan would be to take a look at all of the inputs going into MRP.  For example, if you’re using sales forecasts or master production schedules, selecting the “Dependent” flag on their respective lines can significantly impact MRPs calculations.  The “Dependent” flag essentially considers your open POs as part of your available supply so that MRP doesn’t over calculate your supply requirements.  

One thing you might want to take a look at is your MRP preferences to ensure open and prepared purchases are being included in the MRP calculation.  Also, please confirm that the purchased items’ settings in the Manufacturing tab in the Stock Items are correctly configured, included Reorder Point/Saftey Stock, Lead Times, Max/Min Order Qtys and Lot Sizes as these will be considered as well.  

Working with MRP can be a little challenging to fine tune.  The good news is it’s just a plan calculation and you make adjustments and run the calculator as often as needed.  

Good luck! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@plmainard @hstone - yes Paul that was going to be my recommendation too. Good advice.

Userlevel 1
Badge

This exception screen seems like a great way to know which POs need to be adjusted or rushed to get MRP to have some reliable data. It looks like I have the same line multiple times and the only differences are the “Type” category. Does anyone know why this is? 

Thanks for the help! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

It looks like I have the same line multiple times and the only differences are the “Type” category. Does anyone know why this is? 

Thanks for the help! 

Without seeing what you’re looking at, we could only guess.  If you’re seeing multiple lines in MRP, it’s likely due to the independent demand streams created by Sales Orders, Production Orders, Master Production Schedules and the like.  Each of these will calculate supply requirements.  If the dependent planning has not been enabled in the areas discussed above, each demand type can generate a supply plan.  

Another item to look at as it relates to supply planning is the Group Planning settings in the Stock Item screen (again in the “Manufacturing” tab).  This field is designed to allow you to consolidate your supply plans based on the set number of days entered into the Group Planning field for your stock items when generating your Purchase Orders.  

Makes sense?

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is what I am seeing. Hopefully this will help to figure out what is going on . It is all from the same demand streams so I am not sure what is going on. 

That does make sense about the Group Planning. I will definitely see if there is a way for us to utilize that setting!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Got it.  Yes this makes sense.  So let’s focuse on PO with related document CT1000017.  Acumatica has identified two things: Late Order is indicating that the order you placed has not yet been received and is prompting you to call your supplier to inquire the status of the order.  The Delete type is generally telling you that the PO is likely redundant and unnecessary so you should CONSIDER just cancelling the order, full stop.  

Hope this helps.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

That did help, thank you for your fast replies! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved