Solved

Configured items, adding items on the fly and changing child prices

• 12 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi All,

Does anyone have a solution to adding items on the fly to the configuration entry on the Sales Order? I want to add a Non-Stock Item for example, is there a way to do that? I am also looking to change the prices of the child items, however you can not see those prices on the configurator. I know you can change the item total overall but not the child items. 

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 12 May 2023, 16:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You cannot manually add items during configuration entry.  You would need to have the items listed on the configuration an allow someone to select it.

How are your pricing options set?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @angierowley75 

Here are the settings:

I did not think you could add items on the fly, I just wanted to verify. I had a feeling it would need to be a customization. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Go to Production Order Details for the production order for that configured product.  Even if the production order is released, select the Hold checkbox, then add the non-stock item to the production order for the operation it applies to under the materials tab.  Then uncheck the Hold checkbox and save.  As far as seeing the price of the options my recommendation would be to modify the options tab of the configuration entry to display the default price for the item (taken from the stock item record).  If you are using sales price sheets that are customer specific for the components of the configuration, then you would need a customization.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved