Solved

Generic Inquiry Trim Number Field ".0000" digits

• 6 October 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello guys,

Was wondering if you guys can help me trim these last 4 digits (.0000) of this value in the Generic Inquiry  (78,380.0000) 

I tried this   =RTRIM([bleachH.HeavyWeight]) and a few others but no luck.

This is how it looks on the GI

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 12 October 2023, 14:36

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @jorgep17, how about changing the schema field of Heavy Weight and Light Weight to SOLine.LineNbr.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@jorgep17 - I agree with @palbores but this field can be found in the results grid of your generic inquiry.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jorgep17, Other option you could try is to use =CInt([]) function to convert decimal to Integer, which will eventually remove the decimal part of the field.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@jorgep17, Other option you could try is to use =CInt([]) function to convert decimal to Integer, which will eventually remove the decimal part of the field.

Hi,

I put it like this =CInt([bleachH.HeavyWeight]), but ended up with the same results. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jorgep17, how about changing the schema field of Heavy Weight and Light Weight to SOLine.LineNbr.

Where you get the Schemma SOLine from, this GI only has a BleachL, and BleachH tables. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @jorgep17 ,

In the Generic Inquire use with the format  =Format('{0:f2}',[field name]) to trim the value

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Sweta

Userlevel 3
Badge

Where you get the Schemma SOLine from, this GI only has a BleachL, and BleachH tables. 

Hi @jorgep17,

Maybe there is an integer (number) field in the BleachL or BleachH tables you can use on the Field Schema column. But if there is none, you can try to use the Left() function it this will make the value to become a string. Sample data output would be from 10,000.0000 → 10000.

=LEFT([bleachH.HeavyWeight],Len([bleachH.HeavyWeight])-5)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jorgep17 Here is formula as solution. Please confirm.

=CInt(Round([SOShipment.ShipmentWeight],0))

Generic Inquiry: (Please find the attached generic inquiry for you to verify)

RESULT

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jorgep17  Please review the above Solution and let us know for any adjustments required. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

You could also try in the Format line ='$####,####,####'. This will trim off the ending 0’s.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved