Solved

Customer EndPoint mapping question

• 4 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m looking at Endpoint version 20.200.001 and specifically the Customer endpoint. The settings indicated that this endpoint is connected to screen AR303000. Under Customer is a field defined as:

BillingContactOverride, Financial → Financial Settings, OverrideBillContact

But that field isn’t on that tab. OverrideBillContact is Billing → Bill-to Address → Override, Override

Clicking Validate Entity returns a message that says it validated.

Am I missing something on understanding the field mapping or is the mapping incorrect?

icon

Best answer by praveenpo 5 March 2021, 07:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@djangodunn37 

May be its issue with mapping in 20.200.001 version. you can extend the ‘Default’ entity, add the required existing and custom fields and use that.

Please go through the below link for detailed explanation on how to override the Endpoint.
https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2016/08/extending-acumatica-default-endpoint.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I appreciate your response.  I was working on extending the default entity when I discovered the odd/wrong mapping.

Interesting - I created a new entity based on Customer and then add a field using:

BillingContactOverride, Financial → Financial Settings, OverrideBillContact

OverrideBillContact is not in the dropdown for the last column but I can add it.  That validates.

If I create a new field using:

BillingContactOverride, Financial → Financial Settings, DoesNotExists

I can add that but it does not validate.

So OverrideBillContact is somehow recognized.

Meanwhile, the correct settings, I think, should be:

BillingContactOverride, Billing -> Bill-To Info -> Override, Override

This is my confusion. I’m going to be making heavy use of the Endpoints shortly and when someone asks me what field ‘xyz’ does, I’m not going to be able to tell them right away because the mapping looks wrong.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved