Question

AR301000GetSchema() returns Null for .ServiceCommands

• 3 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Background:

I have an Acumatica instance installed that has two Tenants. Tenant ID 2 is the actual company data, and Tenant ID 3 is test company data. I have API Web Service started that has access to AR301000(created only in Tenant 2). I have an admin user, with system admin rights on both Tenants. I just change the login information to switch tenants. admin@actual or admin@test. Im doing this via a C# app, and using a SoapScreenClient. My goal is to create an Invoice, and add a couple lines items in the DocumentDetails section.

Issue:

Calling .AR301000GetSchema() in Tenant 3 will show DocumentDetails.ServiceCommands as NULL, and therefore I can’t access the .NewRow Command. By only changing my login info to Tenant 2, the .AR301000GetSchema() will allow me to access the ServiceCommands, and call .NewRow and add my line items. The two tenants are setup nearly identical, and manually logging into the web interface, I can complete this task as expected.

Side Note.

This issue of this .ServiceCommands just came up, almost as if some setting had been changed in Tenant 3 in the Acumatica system. However to no avail, have I been able to find out why.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I'm not completely sure why it behaves like that. Probably you do not have the web service generated for Tenant3. 

Let me ask you a question instead. Is there a particular reason why you use Screen Based SOAP API? That is a very old API and it will be deprecated soon(ish). 

I would strongly recommend you to use contract based REST API instead.

Wouldn’t having the web service generated for both tenants cause conflicting issues? The generated url api’s would be identical.

‘https://webaddressurl/acumaticaerp/soap/acumaticaapi.asmx

My thought was to use one api, and just change the login info, depending on if the project is in a build/debug/test mode, released/published version. This has worked well, and up until 2 weeks, the .ServiceCommands being NULL was not an issue. That’s what made me think it was more of a setting issue within Acumatica. 

No particular reason for using SOAP, I had just seen some examples that would be easily replicated into my own custom project. I suppose I can look into the REST API moving forward.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved