Question

XML Export Scenario for Sales Orders

• 8 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello linkies,
I have been trying to create an Export Scenario for Sales Orders in XML format. I have been getting confused in between. Can anyone please guide me out with the steps to create an Export Scenario on the same? 

• I have exported the XML file from the Generic Inquiry of Sales Orders

• I then tried to create a Data Provider and uploaded the downloaded XML field. But upon trying to fill the Schema Fields, it triggers the following error:

Thanks in Advance.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Harshita 

Please check above

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Harshita 

To create an export scenario:

1.Create a Excel file with the appropriate field schema and data
2.Open the data provider and name the provider,Upload a Excel file that has been created in the data provider 
3.Open the export scenario screen.
4.Create a new export scenario and give it a descriptive name.
5.Choose the data source and select the desired fields.
6.Configure additional options and settings.
7.Save the scenario and test it with sample data.
8.Run the export scenario to generate the final XML file.
9.Verify the exported XML file for accuracy and completeness.

The above steps outline the process of creating an export scenario using an Excel file as the data source.

Hope, it helps.!

Regards,

Sweta

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @manikantad18 and @sweta68 ,

Thank you for your prompt replies. But currently I am not able to understand how to build the root structure of the XML to IM-/Export a whole Sales Order with Articles.

Thanks in Advance.

I am also trying to understand the capability of XML Export scenarios. When creating a Data provider with XML provider type you can attach a sample xml file which is valid XML but you get the error that started this thread. From another case and the help it appears that that you can import and successfully export an xml structure which represents a flat structure with column headings and rows, eg 

<Root>

<Columns>

<Column>DocumentDesc</Column>

<Column>InvoiceNumber</Column>

</Columns>

<Rows>

<Row>

<Item>The name of the document</Item>

<Item>123456</Item>

</Row>

</Rows>

</Root>

However you cannot import a normal tree XML Structure (even using ‘tree’ in the data provider paramater for xml format) like below :

<Root>

<Invoice>

<Description>The name of the document</Description>

<InvoiceNumber>123456</InvoiceNumber>

<Lines>

<Line>

<GLCode>123456</GLCode>

<Value>123.22</Value>

</Line>

</Lines>

</Invoice>

</Root>

As the help suggest if you want ‘other formats’ use the API. Is this correct ?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved