Solved

Differences and limitations of triggering Import Scenarios through the "Import by Scenario" screen vs. the Automation Schedule & Business Event

• 4 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I discovered that there is a difference in behavior for import scenarios triggered by a Business Event and by the front end using the "Import By Scenario" Screen. I have an import scenario that works if I use the "Import By Scenario" screen but when applying the same Import Scenario to a "Business Event" as the data source (still pointing to the same Generic Inquiry) and triggering by schedule the behavior is different.

Are there known differences between these trigger methods and what designs could cause breaking issues when used with an Business Event?

icon

Best answer by aiwan 22 November 2023, 17:20

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello @jwright ,

Can you please describe what happens when your Import Scenario is triggered by schedule and business event?  Include any errors you are seeing.

It’s helpful to know into what screen you are importing, and your version, and whether you have customizations, and whether the import never worked when scheduled versus if it worked at one time and now does not work.

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey Laura,

We are on 22R2. We have some custom fields on the Shipments screen.

The import scenario pulls open sales orders from a GI, creates a shipment and adds lines using the “Add SO Line” button. When triggered by the Automation Schedule through the Business Event, the IS creates the shipment, adds the first SO line and then moves onto creating a separate shipment for each sales order line.

When from the Import By Scenario screen it creates a shipment and adds all SO lines. 

I came here looking for the bigger issues with Import Scenarios to look for since my specific process, references some custom fields and the logic is a bit complicated on the GI side.

Thanks,

Josh

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @jwright

I am experiencing the same issue in a sense, however, mine doesn't create a separate shipment but rather pulls existing allocated lines as we are in manufacturing.

It works for one time then the IS breaks and doesn't work again, I re import the XML and it works once again and then breaks…

Same scenario with the GI being on the more complex side of things.

I had tried the business event route but to no avail, mine runs on an automation schedule on the ‘Process Import Scenarios’ screen.

If you hear anything any chance you could let me know please?

Thanks,

Aleks

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @aiwan,

I was able to meet with someone at Acumatica and they suggested I use an automation schedule that points to the “Process Import Scenarios” screen. Then within the filter values and conditions add filters so they will run periodically.

I implemented this and it has been reliable.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @jwright,

Thanks for that!

That’s exactly the way I had mine set up, it has now started to work again for some reason…

Hope it sticks!

Have a good one,

Aleks

Userlevel 3
Badge

@aiwan please keep me updated if you experience any issues. I have critical processes running this way and it has been reliable for about 1 month now. In the near future I will likely have to expand how many we are running this way and worry a bit if we will start encountering issues. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved