Solved

Tax versus Book Depreciation

• 15 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi All,

I have uploaded Assets and they have been depreciated using Tax Type “Book”.  however now the client would like to calculate “Tax” (i.e. no posting) as well.  I don’t seem to be able to add another Book in the Balance section against the Asset.  

How do I add this please?

Regards,

Laura

icon

Best answer by vkumar 15 February 2022, 04:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @vkumar 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @lauracastagna

To generate Book calendar period (years and period), use ‘Generate book calendar’ screen.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @vkumar,

I am unable to create more than one year for Periods in the “Book Calendar Setup”.  When I save and select another year and create the periods it removes the previous periods created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @lauracastagna 

Add the Book to the Fixed asset class to which the asset you are trying to modify belongs to. One can select the Books on Fixed asset entry screen > Balance tab, if they are added on Fixed asset class >Depreciation tab first.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved