Solved

Recurring Transactions won't run due to next execution date

• 27 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to run a recurring transaction batch in AR but I am experiencing an error. I have it set to run on the 27th day of each month (today) but it will not run until the 29th. Notice “GL Error: The next generation date for this task is greater than the current business date.” I realize I could change the business date to the 29th but I would like all the invoices to date on the 27th. Is there something I am doing wrong here?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 28 February 2024, 00:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello, the interesting thing that I noticed is that the “last executed date” is 1/30/2024 and the “next execution date” is printed as 2/29/2024.  Do you change the execution date each month (i.e. it might make more sense to change your series to execute on the last Tuesday over every month)?

Unless you’ve got someone who can do a SQL update in the background to change that “next execution” date you might be stuck running them on the 29th and then editing the batches before you release them.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, the interesting thing that I noticed is that the “last executed date” is 1/30/2024 and the “next execution date” is printed as 2/29/2024.  Do you change the execution date each month (i.e. it might make more sense to change your series to execute on the last Tuesday over every month)?

Unless you’ve got someone who can do a SQL update in the background to change that “next execution” date you might be stuck running them on the 29th and then editing the batches before you release them.

It looks like they run it manually on a certain day instead of using the generate transactions screen. We just did an upgrade from 2021R2 which might be one of the reasons for the errors. I was thinking the same thing, change the business date, and then create a quick import scenario to change the doc date to the 27th on all of them.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved