Question

Project analysis report

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

I am still struggling to find the right report in the system to show the project information. What I need is a report that show the budget amount and the actual amount by project task. I look through the report section in Project but nothing fit. What I am doing now is to copy the information from the revenue budget tab and cost budget tab under “Project” to Excel and create a report myself. Not sure I miss anything. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Raymond

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Rmak0501 If you are on 24R1 you can create to GIs, one grouping the Revenue Tab lines by Task and another one Cost Tab. Then you will need a third GI that uses the data from these two GIs and joins them on TaskID and displays to you. On lower versions you don’t really have much of choices be cause Task, Revenue and Cost budgets have n-2-n relation and your numbers will be multiplied. In lower verions also you can not create GI from other GIs.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks. Unfortunately i am using a older version of the software.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you are not planning to upgrade soon and it is something that you constantly need then the only available option is to create two Custom DAC’s that would act like the two first inquiry I was referring to using a customization. There is a DAC called “PMTaskTotal” that keeps the Cost and Revenue actuals but unfortunately it doesn’t have the aggregated budget info.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks. 

I cannot believe there is no report available to show the project performance in Acumatica. It is kind of a very basic information.

Thanks for your help!

Raymond

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I agree and I wish Acumatica out-of-the-box had included these kinds of reports. If you are comfortable with the report designer, another alternative is to create a report with two subreports. The subreports will act like the two first GI I referred to and the main report will be equivalent of the third GI. It does not need customization just you need to know how to create reports.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved