Solved

Prepayment for a blanket purchase order

• 26 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I was wondering if there was a way to create a prepayment for a blanket purchase order without having to go through a normal purchase order linked to the blanket purchase order. We create orders with vendors who each require an upfront deposit of a percentage of the total amount.

Example: We create a blanket PO for 1000 toothbrushes with a total charge of $1000. We need to pay a deposit of 30%, so $300. How can I attach a prepayment for this $300 to the blanket PO?

There is an action to create a prepayment request on a normal purchase order but not on a blanket purchase order, so I’m assuming this requires some kind of workaround.

icon

Best answer by Robert Sternberg 26 April 2023, 23:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Depends on the usage, a possible solution would be to have an open prepayment on the Vendor’s account, then apply on the individual orders.  Have you attempted this solution?  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for your suggestion @Robert Sternberg. I will try this and see if it solves the problem.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved