Solved

Negative values on a PO line? Rewokrs

• 31 August 2023
  • 4 replies

We are working on a process where we are seeking to take a part already in inventory in Acumatica and move it out of the system to ship to a vendor for rework. Upon the rework the part will be modified by the vendor and assume alternate part number nomenclature. We are attempting to move move for instance part 12345 out of inventory to the vendor and receive part 678910 back as the new modified part. We can easily enter a PO line referencing the new inventory ID which will be received in upon modification but are struggling with withdrawing the current part from inventory. I attempted entering a PO for qty. "negative value" to show the withdrawal of the part but the system is not allowing me to do so. What is the Acumatica advised practice for sending parts out to rework which are already in inventory and need to be withdrawn?

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 1 September 2023, 10:27

View original

4 replies

I too have this question🖖

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

A purchase Receipt of type return is the only way you will be able to get the item out to the vendor and then you can receive the new one on a PO but it is going to leave both document expecting an invoice and debit memo.

I had a similiar requirement from another customer and they did not have the budget for development so we used a Kit so we made the finished item a kit with the component item in it. We also added a non stock item with a standard cost of $1 as they were being charged by the vendor for the work done to turn the base item in to the finished item. On the Kit Assembly they would then put it how many finished items they were making and how many component items they were using (sounds like in your case it would be 1 to 1) and they were puttng the quantity on the non stock item as the value of the vendors bill. When releases it would decard the components from stock and bring the finished item in to stock at the value of the component plus the vendor charge. The non stock item posting was goind to a GL accrual account and when they processed the vendor bill they would expense it here also.

This sounds like a lot of work creating the manual kit just to bypass the system’s inability to create an actual PO return. Interesting - I appreciate the tip nevertheless! I am hopeful to find a quick turnaround solution for withdrawing the items off inventory without involving Engineering in creating a new phantom item which in this case would be the kit. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MReilly No worries we went the Kit route becuase we wanted the cost of the item being made to include the cost of the component item and the cost of the vendors charge so it made sense in our use case. If you just want to get it ourt of stock and with the vendor then create a Purchase Receipt of type Return will do it

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved