Question

Multiple Calendar Support Issue

• 25 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have a client that has multiple companies in a single tenant. There are 6 companies in total, 3 with branches and 3 without branches. There are 3 variations of the financial calendar across the 6 companies which looks like this:

Company 1 (with branches): 13 periods, 28 days in each period (Variation 1)

Company 2 (without branches): 12 periods, calendar based, October to September (Variation 2)

Company 3 (without branches): 13 periods, 28 days in each period (Variation 1)

Company 4 (without branches): 12 periods, calendar based, January to December (Variation 3)

Company 5 (with branches): 13 periods, 28 days in each period (Variation 1)

Company 6 (with branches): 13 periods, 28 days in each period (Variation 1)

The problem I am having is the different number of periods in each company. Is the scenario above possible? If so, how do I go about setting this up, starting with Financial Year, moving onto Master Financial Calendar and then finally Company Financial Calendar.

I don’t think it matters but the client is on 2023 R1.

Thank you in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi,

Each company part of a tenant must share the same number of periods. The end date of each period can differ by company.

That being, you seem to need 2 tenants, the first one for these companies:

• Company 1 (with branches): 13 periods, 28 days in each period (Variation 1)
  • Company 3 (without branches): 13 periods, 28 days in each period (Variation 1)
  • Company 5 (with branches): 13 periods, 28 days in each period (Variation 1)
  • Company 6 (with branches): 13 periods, 28 days in each period (Variation 1)

And the other tenant for these companies:

• Company 2 (without branches): 12 periods, calendar based, October to September (Variation 2)
  • Company 4 (without branches): 12 periods, calendar based, January to December (Variation 3)

Then, to manage/automate inter companies transactions that reside in different tenants, you could look at using a module that has been created by an ISV, for example: https://www.acumatica.com/acumatica-marketplace/advanced-solutions-and-consulting-co-intercompany-accounting-module/

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @frankfiorentino81 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I forgot to add that there will be intercompany transactions between entities. Will that be a problem with different calendars?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved