Solved

Importing credit card transactions to create expense receipts

Userlevel 3
Badge

Has anyone implemented this as an alternative to Acumatica Bank Feeds, any advice for implementing it?  I discussed this approach today with a financial institution that can deliver the transactions in Visa Commercial Format (VCF) via sftp.  Bank feeds aren't available for this issuer using Plaid or MX.

icon

Best answer by bryanb39 10 June 2022, 18:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

We ran into a similar issue and will be implementing a fix soon.  I’d be interested in working on this with you if you are interested.  PM me if you are. 

Currently for Credit Card expenses we use Concur, this is how Concur imports transactions.  Then we import into Acumatica from Concur after expense reports are completed.  

The issue we have is importing bank transactions for reconciliation, but very similar.  We have several banks and businesses so want to automate that process.  

The plan is to use our SFTP server, the bank can provide one but we have several banks.  
Acumatica has the option to sync files with an SFTP Server
Create an import scenario scenario that imports the bank transactions.  There’s already one in there, I tested using that for a PayPal export, worked well.  

If we can’t use the file format provided by the bank directly into Acumatica, I was going to use an Azure Data Flow or Skyvia to convert the files into a usable file format, most likely CSV.   

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have a potentially similar issue in that Plaid says they support our corporate card issuer (Elan) who says they do not support Plaid.

We are planning to automatically download something nightly from Elan to a location file synchronized with Acumatica which we self-host in Azure, then import into semi-coded Acumatica expense receipts for employees to complete coding, then run through existing approvals and new corporate card (do not reimburse) releases.

As another twist, we are not using Acumatica for expense reimbursement, so we plan to filter out corporate card expense claims (hoping they go on their own expense claim) when sending expense to be paid to our payroll (UKG).

If this is close enough to your situations, I’m also interested in working together on this, so please PM me if you like.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved