Solved

How to Write off AP Balance (Vendor PO)

• 10 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

May I ask how to write off a small difference amount from the Vendor PO with the actual amount we paid.

For Example, the Vendor PO is $1000.93, and the amount we paid is $1000.95.

I know that for customer we can enable the write off function and set a write off limit, how about vendor?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 11 August 2022, 11:34

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello @jay13 ,

It will help me to know where you are seeing the extra $.02 balance. Can you send a screen shot?

Depending on configurations, depending on whether you received stock or non-stock items, etc. when there is a small difference between PO price and AP Bill Price, the system will likely post the difference to Purchase Price Variance account.

If the difference is shipping, or not attributable to items, posting may be different.

And that leads me to, why are we worried about $.02?  Amount is immaterial. Therefore, I’d like to understand what problem this small amount is causing… is it leading to an out of balance situation, or an error message?

Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge

hello @laura01 ,

Thank you for your reply, attached is the Purchase Order Screen Shot and Bank Reconciliation page 

Badge +18

In Accounts Payable, create a debit adjustment for $.02 and apply it to Bill # AP0000470. Debit Adjustment is the opposite of a Bill in AP module. Debit Adjustment can be applied to the bill in Checks and Payments screen.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@laura01 Thank you for your reply.

So there is no easier way to do so, we have to create a debit adjustment for $0.02. 

Badge +18

If you don’t want to create a debit adjustment, you can pay the remaining $.02 of Bill # AP0000470 along  with the next bill that you pay to this vendor.  You are correct, we have no Balance Write-Off features in AP… yet. 

The idea is already posted in the Ideas section of this community.  Please vote for it!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved