Solved

GL sales postings using item class AND customer group

• 10 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I recently moved from using Business Central and in that system we could set up a posting table for sales and cost of sales using BOTH item class and customer group.  I’ve searched but can’t find how to do in Acumatica.

This setup is great for groups as it makes it easy to split out intercompany activity for elimination.  Its also useful for segment reporting.

Any ideas? 

thanks

Peter

icon

Best answer by umeshramaswamy82 14 March 2023, 12:22

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @McAuley ,

Please check “Posting Class” in Acumatica. There you can define both Sales account and Cost of Sales Account. You can attach the Posting class to an Item Class.

You can define Sales account on the Customer Class (customer group) level too but not COGS account.

Regards,

Umesh

Userlevel 1

Hi Umesh

Thanks for your reply.  I have looked but creating the combination logic didn’t appear possible.  My example would be:

Item class 1 sold to customer group A needs sales to go to GL 1000

Item class 2 sold to customer group A needs sales to go to GL 1200

Item class 1 sold to customer group B needs sales to go to GL 1300

Item class 2 sold to customer group B needs sales to go to GL 1400

Hope that explains what I am needing to do

thanks again

Peter

Userlevel 5
Badge

@McAuley 

You can accomplish this by driving G/L accounts from Customer location. You can define a specific sales account by Customer location and specify the system to take the Sales account from Customer location on the sales order type. Please see below -

Userlevel 1

Hi

Unfortunately that does not appear to recognize the different item classes the customer buys.    I'm looking for customer group and item class to determine GL account.

Thanks

Peter 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @McAuley ,

In that case you may want to explore a customized solution.

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I’ll cross my fingers that Acumatic builds into standard functionality.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved