Question

Fixed assets - depreciation appears as negative when asset still active with positive net value

• 27 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Fixed assets - depreciation appears as negative when asset still active with positive net value

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello @gloyo12 ,

Is it possible the Asset Useful Life changed? In this example, I changed the Useful Life of a partially depreciated asset from 10 years to 20 years. Show Accurate Depreciation is checked ON in FA Preferences screen.

Next I calculated depreciation for the asset and the Depreciation History tab shows negative depreciation because Acumatica will correct past over-depreciation in the next month.

If the example does not answer your question, please show us more details about your asset including Depreciation History tab. Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @gloyo12 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

No changes was recently done to the useful life and I checked the formula and also the depreciation history, I can’t find nothing wrong

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved