Solved

Credit Memo

• 25 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I incorrectly input the amount of a credit memo and hit release. Is there a way to correct or delete? It has not been applied to an invoice and in open status.  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 25 August 2021, 20:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Olga, thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Jana,

open the credit memo on the Invoices and Memos (AR301000) form and use the Reverse and Apply to Memo action. The system will create a debit memo and apply it to the credit memo. As soon as you release the debit memo, the both documents will be closed.

If you have a credit memo paid by lines (the Pay by Line check box selected), you need to use the Reverse action first to create a reversing debit memo. Then open the credit memo on the Payments and Applications (AR302000) form and apply it to the debit memo to close the both documents.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Naveen, that’s what I thought, just double checking.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Jana  You cannot delete it, to reverse the transaction I think you need to create a DEBIT MEMO

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved