Solved

Checks re-printing with same check number

• 22 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Guys,

We had a situation. We mass processed 9 checks at a time and printed those all at same time. 

But the physical print went wrong due to some reason and we are not able to reprint those with the same check numbers. Acumatica doesn't allow to use the same check number again and this situation client will be facing multiple times. 

So, need a solution that can help reprint the checks with same pay ref number or maybe with the ones those are already used.

Thank you for help.

icon

Best answer by rohansa15 2 January 2024, 21:04

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

If user used action 'Reprint with New Number' , then the original Payment Ref. # cannot be used again

User can use only another number  ( as an option try to add leading zeros , like 001006)

Review the following KB about this error ( review Case 2 ( 2.1 part)  about  using action 'Reprint with New Number') 

https://community.acumatica.com/financial-management-123/troubleshooting-the-a-check-with-number-already-exists-in-the-system-please-enter-another-number-error-on-an-attempt-to-print-a-check-on-the-process-payments-print-checks-form-11304

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @rohansa15 

Have you tried the steps listed in the help located here:

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=291d7a81-06eb-4722-a2f9-41228d56cd76

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @rohansa15 

Please follow this process to reprint the check with same check number.

1)Go to release payment (AP505200)

2)select relevant payment method and cash account

3)Action -Reprint

4)select relevant check and click process.

Then check status change from printed to pending print and allows you to print the check again with the same number.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @rohansa15 

Please follow this process to reprint the check with same check number.

1)Go to release payment (AP505200)

2)select relevant payment method and cash account

3)Action -Reprint

4)select relevant check and click process.

Then check status change from printed to pending print and allows you to print the check again with the same number.

Hi, 

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I’ve already tried it, but when I process for reprint it will remove the payment ref number from the checks and doesn't allow to use them again.

Gives the following error if I reuse the same check number for printing even if it is removed from the checks.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @rohansa15 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @rohansa15 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Hi @Chris Hackett. No, had raised case Acumatica but didn't get any answer.

Question: What does this mean? I have tried to reprint with the same check number following the instructions in the discussion above. It wouldn’t let me reprint with the same check number as I got this error when I went to process the checks. 

I used new check numbers and now when I go to release the same error message shows up. 

What am I doing wrong? 

Thank you, 

Gayle

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @gnoland 

1. Reprint - When you use reprint option system removes assigned check numbers and you can again use those check number for same payments or different payments as well.

2. Reprint with new number - System will store the older check numbers or assigned check numbers for those payments which you are trying to reprint, when you process it and then you need to assign new check numbers to those payments. In this option you can only assign new check numbers and maybe that's why you are getting that error.

Try reprint option again for few more times you’ll understand both the option and there working.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved