Question

bank entries in once currency paying invoices in another

• 8 April 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello there

How does Acumatica allow me to for instance pay a USD invoice on the system with a bank entry in a different currency say GBP and have both the bank entry correct and the allocation against the Purchase invoice correct as well

So for example : you have a USD purchase invoice of USD1000 and you pay this amount but through your GBP baml account and the exchange rate on the payment was 2/1 and so the GBP bank entry should be GBP500. I would expect to be able to make the payment entry as USD1000 and fix the exchange rate at 2/1 and for the bank entry therefore to fall out as GBP500 to match the bank entry.

We will have this happen quite a lot as we have an employee who pays invoices in many currencies on our behalf and the PO and the Vendor invoice is entered in the originating currency but the bank entry paying this employee back will be in another currency so it could be

A: Vendor Invoice RMB

B:Vendor Invoice Euro

C: Vendor Invoice GBP

We need to clear these entries and allocate correctly and then a payment to tne employee for HKD (Say) from a GBP bank account I can't see how Acumatica is flexibile enough to allow me to do this. You can't have bank accounts in every currency you trade in

I am used to being able to do this in previous systems and use the employee as a vendor to make the contra entry as I am not actually making a payment to the Vendor AB or C .

Any help given would be much appreciated.

Malinda

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved