Question

AP vendor refund

• 11 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

We just resolved a long standing dispute with a vendor that resulted in a refund.  I want to record this through the AP module so that my vendor history is complete.  It seems like the GL entries should be:

dr AP/ cr expense

dr cash/cr ap

I must be missing something because I see a lot of posts here saying to enter a “vendor credit” but I don’t have that option in my AP.  This leaves me with either entering a “debit adj” or a “credit adj”.  A credit adj records dr exp/ cr AP, so that’s wrong.  This seems to leave me using a debit adj.  But, once I record that it seems I can only apply it to an invoice or a credit adj.  I can’t seem to then cash settle it.

I can enter it directly in the banking module and the GL will be correct (dr cash / cr expense) but my vendor history will be incomplete.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

If you expand the action menu for an open debit adjustment, do you see the Refund option that is shown here?

The debit adjustment does DR AP and CR expense as you intend. The corresponding refund will CR AP and DR the cash account.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved