Solved

Use Work Calendar for Service Appointment

• 22 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Which setting should I configure to enable this scenario?

A service has estimated duration of 30 hours but staff available working time is 8 hours a day. When assigning appointment system split that appointment into 4 days, either as the same appointment number of multiple appointment number that is fine but I want to avoid cloning the appointment as this seems to be manual task.

Choosing Work Calendar with 8 hrs working time a day in Service Preferences doesn't seem to affect the service duration.

icon

Best answer by kristianharianja 27 August 2021, 11:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Turns out that Acumatica said service appointment was not designed to cater for this scenario, hopefully someday. Many service businesses require long hours appointment and they don’t work 24-hrs. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

In my experience, to view the days on the calendar correctly, you need to split the appointment into one appointment per day. Otherwise, if I remember right, the calendar will stretch the appointment across the multiple days.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved