Solved

Calculate Overtime on Service Appointments

• 19 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Since our policy is that any time spent on a service appointment after 4:30 is considered overtime, we want the overtime rate to be used automatically in calculating the total labor on invoice. Are there any suggestions on how to do this? Or would it be a customization?

icon

Best answer by amajors 19 January 2022, 16:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

We have the same type of issue and have not found any way to automate. We add a separate service line that is Overtime and do a log stop to regular time and start on the overtime. If you are paying the techs an after hours rate, we started using the shift rate and manually tag the log with the shift code. That way overtime is still only calculated on 40 hours (US) and is weighted for the pay period.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Overtime rate can be calculated automatically and paid to the employee  if you use Acumatica Payroll. There is a functionality that allows configuring overtime rates and that allows to import time from the time module including the one generated by appointment logs.

If you only need the overtime multipliers for the customer’s invoices, then you need a customization that will be automatically calculating overtime rate.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Overtime rate can be calculated automatically and paid to the employee  if you use Acumatica Payroll. There is a functionality that allows configuring overtime rates and that allows to import time from the time module including the one generated by appointment logs.

If you only need the overtime multipliers for the customer’s invoices, then you need a customization that will be automatically calculating overtime rate.

Correct me if I’m wrong @mburns47, the “Overtime” in question is an Overtime/Afterhours rate charged to the customer. I was going to mention that we changed our vernacular several years ago because it was getting confusing in discussions on Payroll Overtime vs Customer Charged Overtime.

We are only using the Services Module so I’m speaking only with that background. I’m not sure if there are any differences when you add in other Modules. Appointments do not have a way to change rates based on time of day. It’s a manual process to change the charge rate via adding service lines or manual change of the charge rate.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Appointment Detail Screen
Appointment Log Screen
Appointment Log Screen - Has to be manually changed because it’s not connected to Service Lines
Timecard Details - The Labor Item shows the Admin to add the Shift Code and the Shift Code is setup to modify base wage via the Shift Codes Screen

Not ideal and still very manual process. I’ve put in some ideas and they were sort of updated in Acumatica but not quite what we are looking for yet. I probably need to add one or two more specific idea to get this looked at again. Here are some related ideas you can vote on if you think it would be useful.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved