Solved

Movement Class Calculations

• 23 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have been looking into the Movement class calculations and I was wondering if anyone had any more insight as to what transactions go into this calculation? I haven’t been able to identify exactly what it is? All documentation I could find was Quantity Sold, but I wasn’t sure if this accounted for Issues to Production, Sales, Inventory Adjustment, etc?

Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by jeremyd45 2 March 2022, 01:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jeremyd45  

You are correct, it is by Quantity Sold during a turnover period/ Average Quantity on Hand. 

Here is the help article:

https://help-2021r2.acumatica.com/(W(8))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=c69f9aff-2105-4478-95fa-07bb46c5a2e4

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I’ve got that, but I want to know what classifies as Quantity Sold. Is it actual sold on a sales order, or any inventory issues?  If it is a highly used component in a bom, but no sales associated with it, how does this calculate? I believe it is all issues, but wanted a bit of clarification on that

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jeremyd45  Sorry, I’m not sure of how it exactly calculates based on sales or issues. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

After digging through some code and bringing in one of our greatest developers, it was determined that the screen uses the QtySales field in the INItemSiteHistDay table for its calculations.

Records are added to this table when an Issue is released (for example, when Update IN is run in the Shipment screen). The QtySales field in the INItemSiteHistDay  table is populated from the INTranSplit table where TranType = “INV”.

INItemSiteHistDay.QtySales = (INTranSplit .BaseQty x INTranSplit .InvtMult)

Here’s a sample of the table. For each day, it summarizes each qty type.

Userlevel 3

Here is a new idea to include manufacturing in update movement class calculations. Please upvote.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved