Solved

DeviceHub scanning to Expense Receipts

• 11 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We are beginning to roll out using DeviceHub scanning functionality and received an error in the Expense Receipt scanning.  The all the fields it is saying “cannot be empty” are complete with information.  Has anyone received this error when using a scanner to upload files directly onto an expense receipt (snapshot of screen error is attached & log of DeviceHub error is below)?

From DeviceHub Log:  8/11/2022 9:35:35 AM - [Scanner] [Error] Error occurred during processing scan queue FINANCE job 80 : System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> PX.Data.PXException: Error: Inserting  'Expense Receipt' record raised at least one error. Please review the errors. Error: 'Branch' cannot be empty. Error: 'Claimed by' cannot be empty. Error: 'Expense Item' cannot be empty. Error: 'UOM' cannot be empty. Error: 'Description' cannot be empty. Error: 'Expense Account' cannot be empty. ---> PX.Data.PXOuterException: Error: Inserting  'Expense Receipt' record raised at least one error. Please review the errors. 

icon

Best answer by Laura Carpenter 17 August 2022, 15:10

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Laura Carpenter 

What does your screen look like? Can you provide screen shots?

Here are some tips though:

These items below need to be filled in on the receipt to process:

Most should be auto-populating when you create the receipt, so you may need to set up the Expense Preferences. Some things will still need to be chosen such as Expense Item ( which needs to be created under Non-Stock Items) . 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kbeatty21 Here is my screenshot.  I did black out some things but there is text underneath it.  I entered all of the information and attached it to an expense claim (though the claim is not yet released).  I then used the scan button that is found in the files pop-up window and after the document was scanned, I received the error message.  Is there an order of operations for scanning and attaching to Expense Receipts that I am not aware of?

I do not have any issues attaching a pdf or a jpg if it is saved on my desktop and I simply drag and drop into the files section.  I only get the error message when I use the DeviceHub scan feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Laura Carpenter 

It should allow you to use the DeviceHub scanner. Is the scanner configured to Acuamtica? Is the scanner listed in Scanners?

If not, try the below steps:

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kbeatty21, The DeviceHub scanner is configured and is working in other screens within Acumatica.  This is the only place where we have run into issues and the scan is not automatically attaching to the files. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Laura Carpenter

You could have Acumatica support look into it. This may be a bug that is not known yet. There may be an issue with the DeviceHub scanner set-up. 

• If you are a customer, you will need to reach out to your Acumatica VAR
  • If you are a VAR, you can submit an Acumatica support ticket. 
Userlevel 4
Badge

@kbeatty21 I had Acumatica support look into the issue I was having.  Turns out that for scanning into expense receipts, the DeviceHub user needs to be linked to an Employee.  That employee needs to have delegate access to the Employee that is scanning into the Expense Receipt.  The delegate access could also be granted through a company tree configuration rather than delegate access by employee on the Employee settings. 

Once I granted the permissions/access as I listed above, the scanning worked seamlessly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kbeatty21I had Acumatica support look into the issue I was having.  Turns out that for scanning into expense receipts, the DeviceHub user needs to be linked to an Employee.  That employee needs to have delegate access to the Employee that is scanning into the Expense Receipt.  The delegate access could also be granted through a company tree configuration rather than delegate access by employee on the Employee settings. 

Once I granted the permissions/access as I listed above, the scanning worked seamlessly.

Good to know it was a simple fix. Thanks for sharing the solution!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved