Question

Customer Address not shown in Sales Order

• 19 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello!

we have a problem occuring for one of our customer with multiple customers.
They… 

1) Create a Business Account 
2) Convert the Business Account to a Customer
3) Create a Sales Order

But even tho in the Customer Account are Values entered for the Address and the AcctName, 
the fields in the Sales Order are empty and won’t show up. Checking and unchecking the override checkbox for the shipment/invoice address doesn’t help. They will only show up once we manually go inside the customer and edit the AcctName (add a +, save, remove the +) and do the same with the address. 

What kind of magic is this and how is this happening? Any ideas?
And how to prevent it? Any way to create a GI that see when a new customer is created and automatically does what we do manually? (Edit AcctName back and forth and address..)?

Greetings

P. S.: If this is the wrong Sub forum, please move it to the right one.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jwestermann17! I checked this process locally using a version of 22 R1 and I did not get the same issue.

I created a Business Account, made sure there was address details > convert to Customer (requires a Save at this point) > create a Sales Order > add this customer but all the address details are there off the customer record.

Does the same thing happen if you extend as vendor and make a purchase order?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @BenjaminCrisman - I converted a Business Account where i knew it has the mentioned problem as a “Customer” to a Vendor aswell and created a purchase order with it and the address where there. 

Unfortunately for us it’s not really clear what is happening and why it is happening.
This is our first and only customer where this happens, but since it does reoccur and now happened with 4+ BAccounts and everyone of them converted to a customer we are really not sure why and how. We’ve double and triple checked and all addresses are filled as they should be. But since this does not happen with every BAccount converted to a Customer Account, we are quite clueless.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Interestingly: When I convert the business partner to a vendor and save the vendor, the Sales Order pulls the addresses correctly. But thats not really a way to go...

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved