Solved

Business Accounts (CR303000), FILES tab, ADD LINK vs File Upload

Userlevel 2
Badge

Business Accounts (CR303000),

What is the difference between CR303000; FILES tab, ADD LINK vs File Browse/Upload buttons

Is the difference that FILES allows a file to be uploaded for the first time while ADD LINK allows a previously uploaded file to be linked to the specific case?

I logged in as an ADMIN, and when I clicked 'ADD LINK' I viewed a number of files.

When another, (NonAdmin) User has a Business Account in focus, and click FILES >> ADD LINK, he is returned to his Dashboard.

Does this indicate a missing or incorrect setup element?

icon

Best answer by vkumar 3 May 2022, 05:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mpeck12 

Add link option is used to attach an existing attachment from another entity. Here is relevant documentation link which explains this option. 

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=d5588b84-014c-485a-8ca3-526b794684b5

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge

The second part of my question was related to a non-Admin User who, upon selecting the Add Link button is returned to his Dashboard rather than the SM202520 Search in Files form.

What should I test to determine why this user is experiencing that result?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Probably too late, but go to the SM202520 screen and click on Tools>Access Rights.  This will atke you to the Access Rights By Screen screen.  Here you can find the associated roles for that user and make adjustments.  DELETE is highest level and Not Set means that role does not have access as long as one of the roles has explicit rights.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved