Question

Best way to implement recurrent list of tasks by month

• 15 March 2024
  • 0 replies

Hello all,

I have been trying to figure out the best way to implement a certain list of tasks and cannot find good information for it. Here is my use case:

Acumatica 2022 r1 / 22.109.0023
Monthly Close occurs on the first of the month with a set of around 30 individual tasks we are tracking in a spreadsheet but want to migrate to Acumatica, of course, and have a central location for all involved to track the progress of each task as a dashboard.

I have tried to look up Scenarios, but the only info I found (aside from the similarly named import/export scenarios which flooded my searches) is a blog post from 2017 and another post on here that is not nearly in depth enough to understand the full functionality though looked like what we wanted. However I cannot figure out the schedule, how it makes tasks, where those tasks are held, or any real info because I can’t seem to find any in depth walkthroughs.

I then tried to use Business Events combined with an Automation Schedule and although I know this can work, I wonder if this is the best way to handle this and what the best way to represent that dashboard requirement noted above.

What is best practice for this and is there any really good documentation on how to implement it? Thanks in advance.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved