Solved

Acumatica Implementation

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello Community members,

Hope you all are doing well. I would like to get some of my confusions clarified regarding implementation and go-live for a customer.

I would like to know if it is possible to get a live production instance installed over a server if the customer doesn't want to get it implemented by any Acumatica partners. I know it is better to go with Acumatica Partners but is this exception possible?

If yes, please let me know how can a customer achieve it. As I have seen many of the community members are themselves Acumatica customers, so was wondering if they have implemented their systems without any partners.

Also, my other confusion is related to the demo instance. I have seen whenever we create a new tenant, not in the production instance, the complete tenant is like a vanilla environment. What if the customer opts for such a vanilla environment instead of going with the licenses. This is the scenario where the customer doesn't look for any customisations, also they aren't looking for any advance features.

Kindly guide me out for these cases. Also, feel free to inbox me with your experiences, guidance and suggestions.

Thank you in Advance.

icon

Best answer by Harshita 1 July 2023, 06:30

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Can you please clarify how the third party is a customer who has not bought the license, won’t require implementation and even not is on Cloud?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @aaghaei ,
This might be the case when the customer won’t have any customizations to be implemented. So is it possible if the customer would directly ask for self installation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Customization is irrelevant. Acumatica can be installed on local servers. So I do not see a reason why shouldn’t be possible. But if they are not buying license, then what do they need from Acumatica?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Customization is irrelevant. Acumatica can be installed on local servers. So I do not see a reason why shouldn’t be possible. But if they are not buying license, then what do they need from Acumatica?

What if they are buying a license and also wanna go for self-installation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If they want license then they can buy from Acumatica or partners and proceed with implementation themselves

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

License fee is separate from implementation so there is no conflict 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

If they want license then they can buy from Acumatica or partners and proceed with implementation themselves

Can I get any info on the costing patterns on the same?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That I don’t know

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

In the case of self-installation, woild Acumatica provide customization services, or shall the customer can get them through partners only?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Just an update:
After consulting with the Acumatica team members, it has been determined that all sales will exclusively be conducted through certified partners. As a result, the self-installation process is no longer available. And with this, the clarifications regarding customizations would also be carried out by the partners.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved