Solved

Accounts Receivable Payment Application Error

• 19 July 2021
  • 3 replies

I am having issues with applying customer payments to invoices. When I either type in the customer invoice number I get the below error. 

Error: Unhandled exception has occurred, your changes have been rolled back: Error: An error occurred during processing of the field Reference Nbr.: Error: 'Reference Nbr.' cannot be found in the system.

I have attempted to use the magnifying glass to search as well, but nothing comes up. The document is open, for the same customer that the payment is being entered for, & I don’t show any other issues that would prevent the application. We have had issues since we upgraded with the “Auto-apply” function, & have been unable to find a fix. We use a work around for applying the payments. 

icon

Best answer by Carynb 10 November 2021, 00:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Thank you. That gives me a direction.

I had to reach out to our consultant and have them remove a payment on the back end that appeared to have been voided or deleted after applied somehow. Once this was done I was able to apply the payment with no issues. 

Userlevel 1

Did you find a resolution to this?

I have a case that appears to be the same.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved