Solved

Where does default PO cost come from?

• 9 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

When I enter a PO for a vendor and add a detail line for a stock item, the cost for that item is brought in from somewhere.  I thought it was from Vendor Inventory, but if I go there and select an item and click the Price/Cost tab, it will allow me to edit and save Last Cost but when I create a new PO that price change is not reflected.  Where is a PO taking its default costs from, and how can I change it?  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Jeff96 9 May 2023, 22:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

It’s from the “vendor prices” screen. Screen ID AP202000 

Userlevel 2
Badge

THANK YOU for this information.  When I go to this screen, there are no items listed.  I can add a line for an existing stock item, and a new cost, and I see that this solves my problem.  But shouldn’t this screen be pre-populated with all my existing item ID’s?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Never mind, the answer to that is in the documentation, whereas I couldn’t find the answer for my original question in the docs.  Done, thanks.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved