Solved

Update Matrix Items: Select Fields

Userlevel 3
Badge

We’d like to “Update Matrix Items” with the attribute values that we’ve added to our Template Items. We learned, after selling some items for free, that it also over-writes the default price with the 0.00 from the Template. Our Matrix Items represent sizes and are each their own price, so we’d like to NOT update the price when we use the “Update Matrix Items” function. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Yuri Karpenko 18 March 2024, 21:43

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lawsont , yes, you can exclude those fields from update. For that, go to the Template Item, UPDATE SETTINGS tab, and add these 2 fields to the first pane like this:

This way, Default Price and MSRP price won’t be overwritten on the matrix items when you do an update.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Yuri Karpenko Is there a way to update that setting globally? I know, in theory, we can do an import scenario, but we have so many items that every time I do an import scenario, we get our account throttled by Acumatica. So, trying to avoid that! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lawsont , unfortunately, there isn’t a global or item class level configuration for this part. So, yeah, you would do an import scenario.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Yuri Karpenko Okay, thanks. That is a big bummer because I assume that every time we create a new Template Item, we’ll have to set that or else risk selling items for free. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Yuri Karpenko While I have ya, I’m trying to create an Import Scenario, but getting an error. See below. Do you see where I went wrong? Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lawsont , in addition to Field Name field, you also need Table Name. Which can be one of these:

Make sure that Table Name goes before Field Name.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Yuri Karpenko  So, this is what I’m mapping into Table Name. Is that right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lawsont , yes.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Yuri Karpenko  Okay, that’s what I did and it resulted in that error. I’ve been trying to update the Import Scenario in different ways, but the following yielded the same error: 

Userlevel 1

@Yuri Karpenko Okay, thanks. That is a big bummer because I assume that every time we create a new Template Item, we’ll have to set that or else risk selling items for free. 

There is a customization package out here on the community that ACU developed that allows you to add stock items to the template item (by making the template ID field available).  I have seen companies use this function to add new stock items to the template ID without using the “update matrix” button which can cause the issues you’re referring to.  Probably not a GREAT workaround but it does prohibit those mass updates.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved