Solved

Stock Item attributes aren't available to select in generic inquiry

• 29 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have been using stock item attributes for years. They always show up in the InventoryItem DAC for me to select in a generic inquiry on on a report.

However, I’ve just run into a situation where they aren’t in the InventoryItem DAC and I can’t figure out why they are not showing up for this specific customer.

I have set up this attribute:

And added it to this Item Class:

The attribute shows up on the Stock Item and allows me to enter a value:

However, when I try to add it as a column on the Stock Items list, the attribute is not a selection in the InventoryItem DAC. It’s also not available to select in any report that uses the InventoryItem DAC.

I thought maybe something had changed in the 23R2 release (that’s what this customer is using), but we have other customers on 23R2 and the attributes are behaving as expected in the InventoryItem DAC.

Below is the generic inquiry that I’m trying to add the attribute as a column, but it’s not available as a selection:

What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by g2stobeq 31 December 2023, 20:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @donnadeskins55

I don’t see anything wrong with how you are attempting to accomplish this unless this new functionality has not been extended to all DACs.   In the meantime, you could revert to the “Old Way” via the CSAnswers table - Example bringing in our “ITEMCLASS” Attribute on a Vendor GI.

Brett

Userlevel 1

I have tested the same scenario on 23R2 Build 23.204.0031 as follow:

But couldn't recreate the issue, but i used the sales demo company, without customizations and managed to find the field: Try to delete and recreate under a different name and on the data field try this time to search it using the key word attributes instead.. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved