Question

Reclassify a jornal from IN module is it possible

• 14 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Good day

Is it possible to reclassify a journal  from a purchase receipt. I created a purchase receipt and the debit when into inventory, however the end user omitted the project and project task.

On clicking the reclassify function I can only see the credit side of the journal, how do I make changes to the debit side of the journal.

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

You may reclassify with a debit and a credit in Finance → Journal Transactions screen.  Journal Transactions screen will accept entry of Project and Task on all accounts that have an Account Group populated on Chart of Accounts screen.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

You may reclassify with a debit and a credit in Finance → Journal Transactions screen.  Journal Transactions screen will accept entry of Project and Task on all accounts that have an Account Group populated on Chart of Accounts screen.

Laura

In my case I am trying to reclassify the first line highlighted below , but what only appears is the second line, how to I rectify that?

Once I click the reclassify button there is a warning message that appears and apparently the line not appearing is the line I want to reclassify, how do I make the changes I need?

Badge +18

Hello,

Do not Use Reclassify features for this adjustment.

Instead, open Journal Transactions and simply enter a Debit line followed by a Credit line. Enter the amount $2050.  Choose the correct account and subaccount, and project and task on each line to move the money to the project and task that you need.

Then release your transaction.

Entering a Journal Transaction has the same effect on GL and on Projects as Reclassifying.

The beauty of Acumatica’s Reclassify features is we can adjust many transactions at once, even when they are in different branches and different periods, but “at the end of the day,” reclassifications are just Journal Transactions.  

HTH,

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

Do not Use Reclassify features for this adjustment.

Instead, open Journal Transactions and simply enter a Debit line followed by a Credit line. Enter the amount $2050.  Choose the correct account and subaccount, and project and task on each line to move the money to the project and task that you need.

Then release your transaction.

Entering a Journal Transaction has the same effect on GL and on Projects as Reclassifying.

The beauty of Acumatica’s Reclassify features is we can adjust many transactions at once, even when they are in different branches and different periods, but “at the end of the day,” reclassifications are just Journal Transactions.  

HTH,

Laura

In  that case I will just then do a GL Journal type with lines for the said Project and Task, however the loss is just historical data reference , thanks I will work with that option.

Badge +18

Hello, If you give the Journal Transaction a Note containing details, a detailed batch and transaction description that reference the original document… will be fine. 👍

You might also attach a note to the original PO Receipt and/or Inventory batch with the GL Adjustment batch number on it.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello, If you give the Journal Transaction a Note containing details, a detailed batch and transaction description that reference the original document… will be fine. 👍

You might also attach a note to the original PO Receipt and/or Inventory batch with the GL Adjustment batch number on it.

Laura

Thanks for the valuable information I will definitely take that route.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved